Ram setu – The divine bridge from India to sri lanka ….The master piece developed by God himself.
The bridge´s unique curvature and composition by age reveals that it is man made. The legends as well as Archeological studies reveal that the first signs of human inhabitants in Sri Lanka date back to the a primitive age, about 1,750,000 years ago and the bridge´s age is also almost equivalent.
This information is a crucial aspect for an insight into the mysterious legend called Ramayana, which was supposed to have taken place in tredha yuga (more than 1,700,000 years ago).
In this epic, there is a mentioning about a bridge, which was built between Rameshwaram (India) and Srilankan coast under the supervision of a dynamic and invincible figure called Rama who is supposed to be the incarnation of the Supreme.
quoting from wikipaedia
Rama’s Bridge or Ram Setu (Tamil: இராமர் பாலம் irāmar pālam, Sanskrit:रामसेतु rāmasetu), is a chain of limestone shoals, between the islands of Mannar, near northwestern Sri Lanka, and Rameswaram, off the southeastern coast of Tamil Nadu, India. Geological evidence indicates that this bridge is a former land connection between India and Sri Lanka.
- This is a divine bridge.
- Lord Rama and his vaanar sena had built it 17 lacs 25 thousands years ago.
- In Puranas, the importance of Setu is explained in great details, especially in Skanda Purana, Vishnu Purana, Agni Purana, and Brahma Purana.
- Ram Setu (Sethu) a natural barrier to Tsunami: During the last tsunami, the Ramar Bridge (at a high elevation) from the rest of the shoal accumulations acted as a natural barrier preventing the direct devastation of the entire Bharatam coastline south and southwest of Nagapattanam. – Dr. Murthy, Chief editor of the reputed International Tsunami Journal “Science of Tsunami Hazards”
- Threat of Tsunami: Many geologists, earth scientists, and oceanographers have commented critically, against the disastrous consequences of constructing SSCP. Amongst these is the impending devastation of Kerala, which will suck in after implementation of SSCP, after next Tsunami hits it.
Read details: Sethusamudram project and impending Tsunami devastation
- Many Naval officials are saying that even after the completion of SSCP, the depth of the canal shall be only 12 meters (about 36 feet ), and only small and medium sized vessels shall be able to pass. Large sized vessels and carriers shall not be able to pass.
- The construction of SSCP is trampling upon the feelings and emotions of millions and millions of Hindus.
- Besides, this bridge is world’s oldest man-made structure. It is much much older than the pyramids of Egypt, and the Great Wall of China.
- Ram Setu has sentimental, religious and historic value.
- People have crossed the sea using the Rama-Setu, for many thousand years, until the 15th century.
Better alternative solutions are also available !
According to the specialists, a sea route may be prepared for navigation without damaging Sri Ram Setu, by removing the barren sand heaps near village Mandapam between Rameshwaram and Dhanushkoti railway. This will not only give a shorter route for navigation but also protect the oldest man-made heritage.