The Siachen Glacier is located in the eastern Karakoram range in the Himalaya Mountains along the disputed India–Pakistan border. It is the longest glacier in the Karakoram and second longest in the world’s non-polar areas.It ranges from an altitude of 5,753 m (18,875 ft) above sea level at its source at Indira Col (pass) on the China border to its snout at 3,620 m (11,875 ft)
The Siachen Glacier lies south of the great watershed that separates China from the Indian subcontinent in the extensively glaciated portion of the Karakoram that is sometimes called the “Third Pole.” The 70 km (43.5 mile) long Siachen glacier lies between the Saltoro Ridge line immediately to the west and the main Karakoram range to the east. The Saltoro Ridge originates in the north from the Sia Kangri peak on the China border in the Karakoram range. The crest of the Saltoro Ridge’s altitudes range from 5,450 to 7,720 m (17,880 to 25,330 feet). The major passes on this ridge are, from north to south, Sia La at 5,589 m (18,336 ft), Bilafond La at 5,450 m (17,880 ft), and Gyong La at 5,689 m (18,665 ft) The average winter snowfall is 10.5 m (35 ft) and temperatures can dip to -50 degrees Celsius (-58 degrees Fahrenheit).
During my summer training i had a chance to know about “The Active Denial System”.It comes under the category of Non Lethal weapon system.It is currently in development and is one of the most debated upon topic in defense industries.
here is the shloka..
we all know the devnagri script.Decoding it by denoting numbers to each digit we will have.
- The SlOka in rOman-nAgarE:
- gOpE BAgya maDhu vratha SRnggESO dhaDhesanDhega KalajEvetha Katava galahata rasanDhara.
- The rOman-nAgarE string with only the syllabic consonants:
- g p B y m Dh r th S g S dh Dh s Dh g K l j v th K t v g l h t r s Dh r.
- The katapayAdhe mapping of the consonants:
- 3 1 4 1 5 9 2 6 5 3 5 8 9 7 9 3 2 3 8 4 6 2 1 4 3 3 8 1 2 7 9 2.
- The mapped decimal string is:
- 3.14159 26535 89793 23846 21433 81279 2.
- The decimal expansion of pi given by the GNU calculator bc:
- 3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 5.
This gives us the value of pi upto 21 digits.
Update – the Image of the shloka is lost.
Reference – Vedic Mathematics
Hey all i have recently updated my past projects here and now i am going to work on my current projects.I hope you will find them interesting.This blog also contains my hobbies and my favourites.It also includes my ideas for life and love.
Thanks for visiting.